Thursday 1 February 2018

My 4th Blog Birthday

This is up a few days late, but on the 28th of January this blog celebrated it's 4th birthday! I really can't believe that I've posted almost every week for the last 4 years. Honestly struggling to think where the time has gone, I can honestly remember publishing my first post like it was yesterday.



The reason I first decided to make a blog was because I wanted to create content. I've never been a strong writer, I'll admit that, but I've had so much fun running a blog that is filled with my own content. 

When I started my blog I already had a YouTube channel, however I was too camera shy to carry on posting videos. I still wanted to work on something in my spare time, and share my thoughts online somehow. That's when I discovered that many of the YouTubers I was watching at the time also ran blogs on the side, so I thought "I want to try that". I was hooked on writing blog posts ever since then.

My favourite part of having a blog so far definitely has to be getting to know other bloggers. After growing Beau Bloggers as a community I've been following a lot of fellow bloggers. Being a nosey person, I just love seeing everyone else share their life updates. It really feels as though I'm surrounded by incredibly supportive friends.

I have many goals for my blog in the upcoming months. I want to start up a few more series across my two blogs, including an interview series. My blog theme and layout at the moment doesn't quite scream "professional" to me yet so I'm gonna work on switching that up. And I want to branch out on the topics I talk about more too, including mental health topics and what typical student life is like.

Thank you to anyone that has supported my blog over the last 4 years! The song of the day is Too Big For Your Boots by Stormzy because what a tune! Thank you so much for reading,

Izzy K xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment