Thursday 3 November 2016

Bonfire Night Essentials

Remember, remember the 5th of November...

Bonfire night is fast approaching which means it's time for the preparation. This is one of my favourite times of the year because I just think it's the perfect time to celebrate. It's right in the middle of Autumn and Winter, which are my favourite seasons, and it's just such a festive time of year to have a little gathering.

So without further ado here are what I class as "essentials" for Bonfire Night:

1. A Bonfire- I think it goes without saying you can't have Bonfire Night without a bonfire. It's a great tradition to gather up with family and friends and roast marshmallows.




2. Warm clothes- Considering Bonfire Night takes place in November, you clearly need to wrap up warm. I suggest a nice bobble hat, a woolly jumper and thick gloves.



3. Chili con carne- Or since I'm veggie, I like to call it chili "non" carne. I really doubt this is an "essential" for everyone. But every time my family got together on November 5th we'd always have chili and jacket potatoes to eat haha! I think it's just the perfect meal to warm you up in the cold winter evenings.



4. Fireworks- Go find yourself the nearest fireworks display and enjoy an evening of watching the sky turn pretty colours. Who doesn't love a good ol' firework display?!





5. Sparklers- These are basically like mini fireworks... BUT IN YOUR HANDS! And less dangerous of course. But with that said, please remember to wear your gloves (which I mentioned earlier) and stay safe!




So who else loves Bonfire Night as much as me? (Probably not Guy Fawkes eh?) The song of the day is Superstar by Jamelia because I've been jamming to it all day. Thanks for reading,

Izzy K xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment