Monday 2 May 2016

A Message To My 21 Year Old Self

Today I'm gonna be writing a little message to myself to look back on when I'm 21. I wrote a similar post to read back when I was 18, which you can read here! So how much will I have changed? Let's find out...

Dear 21 year old Izzy,

I can't believe its time to write one of these posts again, oh how time flies eh? It's 18 year old Izzy here, this is what you look like now:



Here are some of the many accidental selfies
 you took on your oversensitive-front-facing camera.

You can probably remember this, but at the moment I'm the most awkward person going. Like seriously my confidence levels, I mean they've been a lot worse, but you can do better Iz. If I could describe myself in one word I would say shy. Don't get me wrong, I'm soooooooo loud and crazy in front of my friends and on the internet. But if in real life if you're not the one to start the conversation, good luck talking to me! I would also say your banter is on point (others might say that's debatable though) and your puns, especially your bread puns, are pure genius if I do say so myself. 

So not much has changed since you were 16, I'm still a huge ass fangirl. The artists and bands I like to listen too are: Ed Sheeran, Little Mix, One Direction, Mc(Busted/)fly, Troye Sivan, Lana Del Rey, 
The Vamps, and so many more. The things I like to do in my spare time is film videos, edit videos, plan videos, upload videos, watch other videos, blogging, organizing and planning internet projects, shopping and hanging out with friends. 

At the moment I'm just finishing off my A Levels and they're pure hell. But I've only got a few weeks left of them which is good. I'm so excited for leaver's day, even though I've got two resit exams in the morning. And then I have my leavers ball in the Summer (which reminds me I need to get a dress omg) and then lot's of exciting things in the holidays. First I'm going on my family holiday to Germany, then I've got SITC in London, and then I'm off to Dublin for a few days. Just listing those things makes me so excited! And then my gap year will begin, and even though I have zero idea about what I'm gonna do in it. I want to get a job and save up money, but also make the most of once in a life time opportunities. 

What I want to have achieved by the time I'm 21:
  • Dye my hair all sorts of cool colours
  • Move out of my home and possibly get my own place (if that's even possible in this economy!)
  • Travel as much as physically possible
  • Have gone to a music festival
  • Not be shy anymore. Seriously I'm sick of it
  • Work on more internet projects
  • Do lots of volunteering
  • Have somewhat of a career going

Questions to myself:
  • Did you end up doing all the things in the list above?
  • Did you ever end up going to university?
  • What do you do for a living?
  • What's the scariest thing that happened to you in the last 3 years?
  • Are you happy?

So I'm gonna have fun reacting to this in a video in 3 years time. The song of the day is Thunderbirds Are Go by Busted because it's what I'm listening to at this moment in time. If you could write a message to your future self, what would you say?

Izzy K xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment