Tuesday 8 December 2015

Blogmas Day 8: My Favourite Christmas Decorations

Ok how is it Blogmas day 8 already? I swear we're only on like day 2. Oh how time flies!

Today I was having a really stressful day, so much so that I couldn't even bare the thought of going to Sixth Form. I literally woke up in the morning and was like "urrrrrrrmmm no" and remained at home for the rest of the day trying to sort my life out. The thought of all my deadlines getting closer, work piling up, all the things I have to learn and everything I have to sort out and organize just makes me feel a bit sick.

Luckily though, today is the day my family decorated my house for Christmas, and the Christmas cheer did put me in a better mood. Now my Christmas tree is nicely decorated and I even filmed a cheeky video while doing it (look out for that!)

Christmas wouldn't feel the same without all the lovely decorations that are everywhere you look. So here are my absolute favourite ones that just put me in a good mood by looking at. 

1. Christmas Trees- Who doesn't love a good ol' Christmas tree? If you celebrate Christmas in you household, a tree is absolutely essential. Whether it's real or plastic, they are just brilliant fun to decorate and even better to look at throughout the month of December. 


2. Tinsel- Unfortunately this is completely banned in my house because my Mum hates the sight of it. But I think it's the cutest little decoration ever and makes everything look 100x more festive. I'm sorry but how can you not love tinsel? 

I know there's not that much tinsel in this pic but
 I wanted to include it anyway because the cat is cute!

3. Gingerbread Houses- Everything about them is fun. From looking at them, to making them, to of course eating them. We keep our gingerbread house by our entrance at home and it's the sweetest little thing to see when you walk in the front door. 


4. Christmas Lights- I love driving around town at this time of year because most houses have lights on display outside. I love any type of Christmas light, especially if they are creative, however my absolute favourite would have to be the white ones that look like little icicles. 


5. Candles- I know these aren't specific to Christmas but I feel like the number of candles on display double in Winter. My favourite Christmas scents would have to be something Cinnamony, especially if it is by Yankee Candle. 

My Mum has this one and it smells soooo good

So there you are, these are my favourite Christmas decorations and just the sight of them puts me in a good mood. The song of the day is Driving Home For Christmas because I reminded myself of that song whilst talking about driving around and looking at the lights. What are your favourite Christmas decorations?

Izzy K xxx 

No comments:

Post a Comment