Tuesday 22 December 2015

Blogmas Day 22: Tis The Cold Season

Now I know what you're probably thinking, yes December is cold! But that's not really what this post is about. I hate to dampen the Christmas spirit but today's post will be a little bit of a rant. (But don't worry, there are a few happy things at the end of it).

Literally me right now lol!

First of all, my immune system seems to have failed me once again since I've come down with a cold. I get colds literally about once a month if not more, especially at this time of the year (hence why this is the cold season aaaaaaay see what I did there?!) I'm fully aware that colds are not the worst things in the world, but it's just annoying because I've had it from the first day of my Christmas holidays until now. And I was planning on being super productive these last few days and even film a couple of videos, but now I'm not really in the mood for it which is really annoying!

How I feel sitting at my desk

And that's lead me onto my second rant topic of the day; my holiday workload. I don't know why we even get given a holiday because I'm not gonna get much of a break during it. Like my teachers have said that over the holidays we should: 

  • Read over all our work and make sure we fully understand everything (I don't understand anything at the moment so I'll have to spend hours doing that)
  • Redo any essays that need 
  • Read an entire book in German and then write essays on it (I'm not a huge reader so that should be fun)
  • Do the mountains of homework they've pilled onto us
  • Start revising for our mocks
  • Oooooohhhh and of course finally we should relax and it will of course be our own faults if we come back in the new year not refreshed or ready to learn. 
So basically, I'm hella stressing out about the crazy amounts of work I have to do. Don't get me wrong, I've started it already but I'm in the mindset where I feel like even if I spent every hour of every day working I still wouldn't be prepared for my A Levels. 

And on top of that I'm expected to do other things this holiday since it's the Christmas holiday. I've been visiting friends and family, having to sort out things for uni, working on my driving lessons, and working on my blog/youtube channel. Like don't get me wrong I love doing all these things, I just don't have time to do them and it makes me feel really guilty when I do them instead of working. I just wish I could stop time, do all my work, and then carry on enjoying my holidays.


But aaaaanyway, let's move onto a more positive note shall we....

I CAN'T EXPLAIN HOW EXCITED I AM!

I found out the nicest news ever yesterday. My friends confirmed my already existing beliefs that they're the absolute best people in the world when they surprised me with TICKETS TO SEE TROYE SIVAN! When the tickets came out, I couldn't afford to buy any but my buddies, being the baes they are, chipped in to get me one. And if any of them are reading, like hi Georgie if you're reading, I'll pay you back asap. Thank you once again, seriously can't believe my luck to be surrounded with people as lovely as you. 

THANK YOU SO MUCH

And also I had the weirdest thing EVER happen to me which is why I'm saving it till last. So if you guys didn't know, my life long dream for youtube was to have 1k subscribers. I wasn't expecting to reach it within my first 2 years because I thought it would literally take me hundreds of years to get to that point. But then this morning I logged onto youtube and I saw it; the big 1000 SUBSCRIBERS! I could not believe my eyes and I just stood staring at the screen for about 10 minutes before telling my family! I'm gonna be writing a post about how grateful I am in my 1k subscriber Q&A that will be up towards the end of this week, but in the meantime I just want to say a MASSIVE thank you to anyone who's hit that subscribe button. You've literally made my dreams come true and I can't thank you enough. 

So this post was probably a huge mix of emotions. I hope you managed to get through the little ranty start to know that this post wasn't all doom and gloom. I've been feeling a range of emotions myself so I decided to document my thoughts in this daily post. The song of the day is Wild by TROYE FREAKING SIVAN because it's my favourite song by him. Thank you soooo much for reading, I promise tomorrow's post will start off a bit happier! 

Izzy K xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment