Tuesday 15 December 2015

Blogmas Day 15: My Favourite Festive Songs That Aren't Really Christmas Songs

Now I lurrrrvveee music, especially at this time of year because all the best music seems to be around. I think it's stating the obvious that the classic Christmas songs fill the charts in December, however, there are non festive songs that seem to remind me of Christmas whenever I hear them. 

So I don't know if it's just me who has this, but there are certain songs that when I hear them I automatically get flashbacks to dark nights, wearing warm & cosy clothing, lighting scented candles and drinking hot chocolate. Most of these songs are tunes that I've listened to a lot during December, recently or over the last few years, which officially makes them festive songs for me. 

I'm not sure if I'm making any sense at all, but here are my favourite non-festive but festive songs:

1. Love Me Like You by Little Mix- Ever since this song came out, people were saying that it sounded like a Christmas song. I didn't hear it at first but now I can't unhear it! 



2. Night Changes by One Direction- I don't know what it is about this song that reminds me of Christmas, maybe it's the music video or the actual tune itself, I'm not sure. This is also a song that doesn't make me feel happy or sad, it just makes me feel if you know what I mean. I somehow get really nostalgic listening to it, but I enjoy it. 


3. Story Of My Life by One Direction- I think it goes without saying that this song also makes me really nostalgic. Whenever I hear it, I just think about how I used to watch it basically every morning getting ready for school during the Winter and now it just reminds me of Winter. And how cute is the music video?


4. Blank Space by Taylor Swift- Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure this song also came out around Winter. Or at least I listened to it a lot then. I just have lot's of memories of me singing (more like screaming) this song in my house in the Christmas holidays. 

Sorry I couldn't link the actual song on my blog because Taylor Swift & copyright...

5. Counting Stars by One Diirrr... no only joking One Republic this time-
I've listened to this song sooooooo much and I'm still nowhere near sick of it. I seriously love and cherish every note of this song. I think everyone I know had an obsession with it in the Winter, so I ended up hearing it a lot then. I still listen to it often nowadays and I still remember Christmas 2013 whenever I hear it. 

Also, I just thought I'd mention the fact that I'm preparing a video, just in case I ever reach 1000 subscribers. I know I'm a while off at the moment and I'm very grateful for all the subscribers I have at the moment, but if I ever do reach it I want to be able to make a video straight away so feel free to leave me any questions on the video below: 



I hope you enjoyed my little twist on my favourite festive songs. The song of the day is Night Changes by One Direction, because I'm still not over One Direction's hiatus! Do you think of Christmas whenever you listen to random songs too, and if so which songs? 

Izzy K xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment