Friday 11 December 2015

Blogmas Day 11: My favourite Christmas Films That Aren't Christmas Films

So since yesterday's post was "My Favourite Christmas Films", I decided to share my favourite films that, well, aren't really Christmas related. 

Now I don't know about you, but at this time of year, I always seem to go back to the same few films, even though they're not really relevant. I think it's just the relaxation from having time off that means I want to chill by watching a few of my fave films. So without further ado here are the typical films I watch in my holidays:


1. Mean Girls- I watched this for the first time during my Christmas holidays, and I will continue to watch it then for as long as I live. I truly think this is the most quoted film of this generation and it's filled with catch-phrases from start to finish. If you haven't seen this film yet, please reevaluate your life choices. 

2. Harry Potter- This is the time of year where I marathon all the HP movies. And if my mother's reading this, don't think I've forgotten the promise you made to me to watch ALL of them with me. These movies are truly my childhood films and I don't think I can even pick a favourite out of them. 


3. This Is Us- Yes this is the One Direction movie. Since me and my sister got this DVD for Christmas a few years ago, it's become a family tradition to sit down and watch this on Christmas morning. In a way, I'm not looking forward to watching it this year because of all the feels it will give me. Let's face it, 2015 has been one hell of a year for 1D, and it's definitely had it's ups and downs. 


4. High School Musical- Yes I know I'm 18 in a month, but yes I still kinda like High School Musical... a bit... quite a bit! It's such a huge guilty pleasure of mine and I just have to admit it's awesome because of the cheesiness of it. I think HSM2 is my favourite because the songs are the best!

5. Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe- This is one of my all time favourite films because it's been put together so nicely. My favourite scene has got to be when Lucy discovers Narnia for the first time and it's so pretty in the snow. Not gonna lie, I'm always a little bit gutted when the snow starts to melt in the film because winter is my favourite season and I'm like noooo there's gonna be no more winter scenery. Regardless of that, it's such a sweet family film. 

So here are my not so festive faves, let me know in the comments what yours are! The song of the day is Jingle Bell Rock because it features in Mean Girls. Thanks so much for reading,

Izzy K xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment