Friday 2 October 2015

Excitement For This Time Of The Year!

Even though this is a very stressful time of the year, I can't help feeling constantly excited throughout it. I don't know why, but the festive spirit simply gets to me, and there's nothing I can do about it!


My absolute favourite time of year ever is the start of October until about mid January. It's no secret that I find it difficult to contain my excitement in these months. 

Here's why:

The end of September- Everyone's settled into school/sixth form/work and the dread of having to go back is over and you finally accept that you're back in the hell hole.


October has started- That means it's autumn baby! Who doesn't' like to starting to wear jumpers, lighting scented candles, and walking home with leaves crunching beneath your feet?


Halloween- One of my favourite holidays because I love all things scary and spooky. One problem I have is that in the UK, even though we celebrate it, we never seem to celebrate as hard core as in America and I wish we did.


Bonfire Night- I absolutely love this day for both the bonfires and firework displays. I can't concentrate all day long because I know that in the evening I'll be watching some awesome fireworks.


December starts- And so does the count down until Christmas!


St Nicholas day- This is celebrated in my family because my Mum is German and on the 6th of December it's traditional for children to receive chocolate from "St Nicholas" in their stockings/boots for being good children. I hope my family never grows out of this tradition.


Christmas Eve- This is basically the day where I try to contain my excitement for the next few hours whilst watching Elf and blasting Christmas tunes.


Christmas Day- I think it goes without saying that this is my absolute favourite day of the year. There's no other day that feels as magical.


Boxing Day- This day is amazing because it means you can officially start counting down until Christmas again. 


New Years- Who doesn't love New Year? I always find it so refreshing starting afresh every year. Every year my family and neighbours and friends of the family get together and have a little party and watch the Midnight fireworks. 


MY BIRTHDAY- This happens on the 14th January and next year will be particularly exciting because I'll be turning 18. I can't believe I'll be entering adulthood in a matter of months!


I don't really know what the purpose of this post is, other than saying how excited I am at the moment. Also, I've booked in loads of things that can release my inner fangirl in this time period, such as going to see YouTubers and going to concerts. This of course has added to the excitement and I'll be sure to keep you updated on those events.

Thank you so much for reading. The song of the day is Love Me Like You by Little Mix because the video came out today and if you haven't seen it then what are you doing with your life? Please let me know in the comments what your favourite things about Autumn/Fall are!

Izzy K xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment