Wednesday 28 January 2015

Happy 1st Birthday To My Blog

*Warning*: this post will be extremely rambley but I just have so much to say. Words cannot describe how weird it feels to be writing this. I've officially been blogging for a year. To be honest I never thought I would keep up with it for even a week but here I am!


Thank you so much Georgie, for being the first person to read my blog and always supporting me with it. Cant believe we've been writing blogs for this long haha!

On the 28th of January 2014 I started my blog "Izzy K". My first blog post ever, 10 facts about me, was the first time I ever wrote for fun in my spare time. The reason I started my blog was because I just wanted a little space on the internet to express my thoughts and feelings. I had no confidence at all to make proper YouTube videos so I searched for an alternative hobby. I discovered that many other YouTubers had started out by writing blogs. I was like "meh, I've got nothing to lose, might as well give this blogging thingy a go".

Just thought I'd mention that I had no experience 
with blogging and had no idea what to write about. 
I just did it for a bit of fun.

Then, to my surprise, something strange happened. I actually started to enjoy reading and writing. English was always my least favourite subject at school and I basically had to be dragged there kicking and screaming.
                                        
                                                 Me before every English lesson I ever had

But there's just something special about just letting your thoughts flow out of you when you write. That's one of the main reasons that I love reading other people's blogs so much; you can always tell how someone was feeling at the time they wrote it. 

Writing blog posts became my life so much so that I felt the need to start a second blog, Izzy K: Fashion and Reviews, in July. This blog was for purely writing about my favourite makeup products or about any trends I've been enjoying. You know, that sort of stuff. 

September is when things really started kicking off, thanks to the wonderful people at Beau Bloggers. I came across Lauren's post about wanting to start a community for bloggers and instantly emailed her about joining. That was the best decision I've ever made because I've loved every second of being part of it. I could never have dreamed of meeting nicer people and the support everyone receives is incredible. I know that I can always count on everyone there to brighten my day by giving me new posts to read or leaving lovely comments on my blog. I love you guys so much (sorry if that sounds really cheesy, but oh well haha)

Click here to join the best blogging community there is. Everyone is welcome!

One final thank you to everyone that's been a part of my blog this year, whether we have collabed, you left a comment on my blog or even just read my posts. I started this blog writing to an "invisible audience" and never imagined that there would be anyone out there who would even stumble upon it. I can still remember the excitement when I got a comment for the first time. I think I literally cried with astonishment that someone had enjoyed my little thoughts that I didn't think anything of. 

...To all of you reading this!

This blog has been my absolute life lately and I don't think I could cope without it. The song of the day is thnks fr th mmrs by Fall Out Boy because I've made so many wonderful memories from this blog. I really hope I will be writing a similar post this time next year because I really want to keep blogging up. Thank you so much for reading xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment